We had welcome reception for all admitted students on April 16th. For me it was quite an overwhelming experience. Dean Richard Lyons was at the reception. In his address, he presented several compelling reason why all admitted students should accept the offer and decide to attend the program. He stressed on Reputation of the two universities, Access to two campus and two alumni networks among other points. There were many past and current students (class of 2010) were at the reception. Joe Duran, founder and CEO of United Capital Financial Partners, Class of 2005 also spoke about his experience while at the program and post MBA career. Our class looks well diversified, I met folks working in Entertainment industry, Medical Equipment, Biotech, and High tech. Couple of them will be commuting from Los Angeles. I also met couple who are going to attend the program together!
I got two advice form current students as well as alumnus -
1. Program is very demanding on your time but do not let that stop you from attending social events.
2. It is going to be crazy sleepless 19months but it is a lot of fun and worth it. You can always catch up on your sleep after 19months!
It has been a while since I met so many new people at once. Overall, I enjoyed the experience and excited about making new friends for life.
No comments:
Post a Comment